Feel free to browse our entire video lessons list below, or use these links to jump to lessons on: Bluegrass Banjo, Clawhammer Banjo, Fiddle, Mandolin, Guitar or Ukulele.
- “Down the Road” on Bluegrass Banjohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLt-0FFVXhk&t=148s
- Little Maggie played by Wayne ErbsenA Ralph Stanley type bluegrass rendition...
- Sharecropper’s Son played by Wayne ErbsenI think this is one of the last songs that Carter Stanley wrote.
- Wayne Erbsen teaches Sawmill Tuning on the banjoThis tuning goes back a long way and was probably Clarence Ashley or Tom Ashley from Mountain City Tennessee who first came up with the term "Sawmill." Sawmill tuning on the banjo has other names; some people call it Mountain Minor or G-modal. It's basically a G tuning.
- Wayne Erbsen teaches the Clawhammer Banjo LickThe clawhammer lick is your basic rhythmic stroke. It's just three parts...
- Little Sadie played by Wayne Erbsen on BanjoThis is a ballad localized to North Carolina, also called the graveyard blues.
- Wayne Erbsen teaches Double C Tuning on the banjoOne of the reasons I like this tuning so well is that the melody is frequently on the first string which is easier to play in clawhammer style.
- Wayne Erbsen Demonstrating a Minstrel BanjoWayne Erbsen at Warren Wilson College October 4, 2009 demonstrating a minstrel banjo. Wayne plays the pre-Civil War tune Pattyroller in the clawhammer style.
- What’s the difference between a violin and a fiddle?Wayne clarifies the difference between a violin and a fiddle.
- Wayne Erbsen Teaches a D Scale on the FiddleStart with a D string open, then with my index finger I'll play E on the same string.
- How to Play a G Scale on the MandolinWayne shows you the G Scale on the mandolin.
- Wayne Erbsen Teaches a C Scale on the MandolinWayne teaches the C scale on the mandolin
- Wayne Erbsen Teaches the D Scale on the MandolinD Scale on the Mandolin
- Wayne Erbsen teaches a D scale on the guitar.How to play a basic D scale on your guitar.
- Wayne Erbsen shows a C scale on the guitar.A basic C scale on the guitar
- Wayne Erbsen teaches the G scale on the GuitarHow to make a G-Scale on your guitar
- Wayne Erbsen teaches C run for Bluegrass guitarIn Bluegrass, you will often be in the key of G which means you will frequently be changing chords to C. In this lesson, Wayne teaches you different fingering options for the G chord to help you most efficiently change chords.